Make An Orange Julius For A Refreshing Halloween Drink!
We’re in a bit of a heat wave here, so last night I was wondering what it would take to whip up my own Orange Julius, like they serve at some malls. It turns out they are not all that difficult. Below, I will share with you two ways you can do this. The first one is the standard mall style version. The second one is for all you health conscious people out there.
How To Make An Original Orange Julius-Watch The Following Video:
- 1- tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-Cup Milk (low fat is fine)
- 1-Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Granualted Sugar
- Ice Cubes
- 10 Ounce Can Of Concentrated Orange Juice
- Spoon or Small Silicone Spatula
- Measuring Cup
1. Scoop out your can of orange juice into the blender.
2. Add water, milk, pure vanilla.
3. Blend together.
4. Add 2 to 3 hands full of ice cubes. Add a few additional ice cubes through the top opening of the blender lid as it is running, if desired. Blend until well mixed.
Serve in a glass and enjoy!
In the next video you will watch Raw Rawn, as he demonstrates how to make a healthy Orange Julius:
- 6 to 9 Fresh, Organic Oranges
- Sunflower Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Or Raw Organic Nuts Such As Almonds, Brazil Nuts, Hazelnuts, Macadamias, Cashews (You will only be using one choice of either seeds or nuts) Nuts must soak in water for 6 to 8 hours. Seeds must soak 2 hours.
- Filtered Water For Soaking Nuts or Seeds
- 1-Whole Vanilla Bean or Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-Banana (optional for extra creaminess)
- Ice Cubes
- Medium Size Sharp Knife
- Measuring Cup
- Nut Sack or Cheese Cloth For Making Nut Milk
1. Put soaked nuts or seeds into the blender
2. Add some water on top
3. Blend together
4. Strain nuts or seeds into a pitcher through the nut sack or cheesecloth
5. Cut oranges in half with knife, and juice
6. Put about a cup of the nut milk into your blender to start
7. Add all the orange juice
8. Open up the vanilla bean by slicing it lengthwise on one side. Scoop the internal tar-like seed mixture into the blender.
9. Add a few ice cubes, and blend together
10. Pour in a glass and serve
If making the above Orange Julius recipes for several people, you will need to increase the ingredients substantially.
If you decide to serve these recipes at your Halloween party this year, make them unique. By making a trip to your local dollar store. you usually can find just what you need. Find yourself some black or orange goblets. Use contrasting black or orange ribbon to tie around the stems. You are limited only by your creative imagination!
If You Enjoyed Learning How To Make Your Own Orange Julius-Please Like Or Share Below!
Filed under: Recipes and Treats
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!