Try This DIY Halloween Costume For Tween & Teen Girls: “Call Me Maybe”
This is a fun and easy costume you can make yourself. Carly Rae Jepsen is at the top of the charts with her hit single, Call Me Maybe. What tween or teenage girl doesn’t know the lyrics to this upbeat song by heart? Very few people haven’t heard it, or for that matter heard of it. Even grandma’s like me.
The main thing you will need is the hair style. Carly Rae has her signature bangs. If you don’t have the hair for it, you can always purchase a wig that comes close to Carly’s own hair style. If you already have the long hair, but don’t want to cut your bangs, you can buy clip-on bangs. This shouldn’t be a very difficult transition to get the look.
I really think this is a fun costume idea!
The other accessories you will need are:
- A Retro Phone Handset or an old land line receiver
- Some cute clothes (these may already be hanging in your closet)
- Blue Contacts if you don’t have Carly’s eyes (optional)
- Light Shade Foundation Ivory, such as Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW
- Pressed Powder, like L’Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Powder Classic Ivory
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eye Shadow
- Bad To The Bronze Cream Shadow from Maybelline
- Eye Shadow Palette by Maybelline containing a dark chocolate brown, gold and white shimmering
- Black Pencil Liner
- Liquid Liner like Maybelline Master Precise
- Mascara like Maybelline Falsies
- Blush like Maybelline Pink
- Pinkerbell Wet n Wild Lipstick
- Toothbrush for plumping lips
- Large Cosmetic Brush for blending
- Smudge Brush
The following video will show you how to do the entire transformation:
And what would an article about a do it yourself Carly Rae Jepsen costume be without a video of her hit song:
I do hope you enjoyed this tutorial on how to make your own Carly Rae Jepsen DIY Halloween costume for girls!
If you enjoyed this article-Please Like or Share Below!
Filed under: Costumes Masks and Makeup
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
Carly Rae Jepsen is really popular. My 12 year old daughter just loves her. This is a great costume idea.
I am inclined to agree, Arlyne. Carly is quite popular with the younger set these days.
Good morning, great post! This is really one of the best DIY costumes I’ve come across in awhile. I really love the plug in phone receiver! My 12 year old daughter is excited about trying this out. Thanks! Cleo
I thought it was a cute one myself, Cleo. Your daughter will have a blast!