Dracula’s Dentures Cookie Recipe Is A Scream!
You and the kids will have a blast making this wonderful Halloween cookie recipe. A few simple ingredients, and you will be well on your way to making this creative treat!
Let Bake Like A Pro Show You How To Make This Frightfully Fun Recipe:
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies (see video with instructions below)
- Wilton Basic Butter Cream Icing (see recipe and video below)
- Red Food Coloring
- Mini Marshmallows
- Slivered Almonds
- 1-Medium Mixing Bowl
- 1-Mixing Spoon
- 1-Knife with serrated edge
- 1-Piping Bag
1. Place approximately 2-Cups of the butter cream icing in the large mixing bowl.
2. Add a few drops of the red food coloring. Mix until you get the desired color of the gums.
3. Using your knife, cut each one of the cookies in half. Watch the video as he shows you how to do this without breaking your cookie. The two halves will become Dracula’s upper and lower dentures.
4. Spoon all your colored icing into the piping bag.
5. Turn one of the cookie halves upside down. This part will become the lower jaw. Pipe icing onto the bottom of the cookie half along the outer half-circle edge to create the gum line.
6. Place some mini marshmallows along the gum line icing. Gently press them in. These will become Dracula’s teeth. Letting the icing reach room temperature will help make this step easier.
7. Do the same procedure with the other cookie half, except don’t put anymore mini marshmallows on what will become the top half. Place this piece on top of the lower one with the marshmallows. Press down gently.
8. Using 2 slivered almond pieces, you will make Dracula’s fangs by placing them into the icing on the top half.
Your cookies are now finished!
Here Is The Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie Recipe Video:
- 2-Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2-Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1-Cup All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1-Cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 to 1-Cup Pecans
- 1-1/2 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Measuring Cups in various sizes
- Measuring Spoons
- Large Mixing Bowl with Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
- Large Cookie Sheet
- Large Chef’s Knife
- Cutting Board
- Cookie Racks
- Pancake Turner
1. Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
2. Place sugars and shortening in mixing bowl. Cream together in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer or stand mixer such as a KitchenAid.
3. Add eggs one at a time and mix in. Add vanilla. Mix together.
4. Combine flour, baking soda and salt together in a small bowl. Mix together with a spoon. Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture.
5. Chop the pecans with the chef’s knife on the cutting board. Add to the dough along with the chocolate chips. Mix until all ingredients become combined. Don’t over mix.
6. Drop large spoonfuls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Let them cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet. Using a pancake turner, remove cookies to cool on racks. Makes about 3 1/2 dozen.
View The Butter Cream Icing Video:
- 4-Cups Powdered Icing Sugar
- 1/2-Cup Shortening (another half cup butter can be substituted if desired)
- 1/2-Cup Butter
- 2-Tbsp. Milk
- 1-tsp. Clear Vanilla
- Piping Bag
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Hand Mixer
1. Place shortening and butter in mixing bowl. Cream together with mixer.
2. Add vanilla and beat in.
3. Slowly add powdered sugar to the creamed mixture, about 1 cup at a time, with low speed setting on the mixer.
4. Add milk, and mix in on low speed. Whip up mixture on high speed for 1 minute to fluff it up.
Please watch the video for storage techniques.
Original video tutorials provided by: Bake Like A Pro
If You Enjoyed This Tutorial For Dracula’s Dentures Cookies-Please Like Or Share Below!
Filed under: Recipes and Treats
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!