Hot German Potato Salad Recipe Is Sure To Please!
I love a good, hot German potato salad recipe! It must be the vinegar lover in me. Or is it the bacon? I really love the marriage of all the flavors, from the potatoes to the sugar and onions. This salad recipe is excellent for the autumn festive season. Whether you want to celebrate Oktoberfest, or whip a batch up for Halloween, you just can’t go wrong! All you need are a few simple ingredients.
- Large Saucepan
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Frying Pan
- Pancake Turner
- Large Mixing Spoon or 2 Wooden Spoons
- 3-Large Russet Potatoes (you can also use about a dozen small red potatoes)
- 2-Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1-Tbsp. Salt
- 1-Cup Sliced Red or Sweet Yellow Onion
- 3-Strips Of Bacon (I like using thick-cut peppered bacon)
- 1-tsp. Black Pepper (use less if using peppered bacon)
- 1/4-Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4- Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1-Cup Chopped Green Onion
Let Jenny Kelley From I Love Flavor, Show You How Simple It Is To Make This Recipe:
- Bring your potatoes to boil in a large saucepan and boil about 25 minutes or until fork tender. Alternatively you can follow your microwave oven directions for baked potatoes. Drain and cool your potatoes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the frying pan. Heat over medium heat. Add onion, bacon, salt and pepper.
- Break up your bacon with the pancake turner and fry until browned and crispy.
- Add the apple cider vinegar to the frying pan and stir around.
- Add sugar to the ingredients in the frying pan and stir in. Cook on medium low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Chop green onions to yield 1 cup.
- Peel the cooled potatoes and cut into small slices. Place in large mixing bowl.
- Add ingredients from frying pan to large mixing bowl and stir together with large mixing spoon.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix until combined.
- Garnish with more bacon bits and chopped green onions.
- Serve warm with a link of bratwurst on the side.
If you enjoyed this article-Please Like or Share Below!
Filed under: Recipes and Treats
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!